Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sisterlocks - 1st Retightening

October 20th marked my first retightening. I drove three hours across the state of Michigan to get to my appointment. (My out of town work schedule makes it difficult!) It seemed like a major inconvenience to take a little time off of work and drive six hours in one day just to get my hair done; however I found the drive relaxing in the midst of a hectic week and it gave me some much needed time to think, pray, and listen to random songs I did not know existed on my iPod. Good times.

My stylist still doesn't want me to wash my hair. Gross. It has already been 8 weeks. I don't think I can make it. She says that washing my hair at this point will cause "bunching" and make her job difficult at the next retightening appointment. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I think I will end up washing   my hair this weekend anyway. I was so looking forward to her giving me the "ok" to wash it. Instead, the first time that I do wash my locks will be tainted with guilt that I am not following my seasoned loctician's advice. Furthermore, she has suggested that I use Witch Hazel and a cotton ball to cleanse my scalp and locks. Again, I am not sure how I feel about this either. I am afraid that the Witch Hazel will dry my hair out! If I am going to use any products on my hair, its going to be shampoo and perhaps a little j-oil. It took her about two and a half hours to complete the retighetning (shorter than I expected), and my head is not sore. Well actually in a few spots, which are a little tender. I could tell right away that she combined a few locks at the very nape of my neck that were thin and kind of hanging there. I found it somewhat disappointing that she didnt tell me she did this, and I had to ask after she was complete.

My hair looks pretty good now that the new growth is under "control". I am too tired to post any pictures tonight, but once I snap a few I will post !

No comments:

Post a Comment